About Me
I’m from a small town in Southwest Iowa where my parents and several family members still reside. I graduated from the College of Human Science at Iowa State University with a bachelor’s degree in elementary education and special education K-6 multicatigorical. I have worked in child care, before/after school programs, and summer camps for over six years. I have had teaching experiences in kindergarten-sixth grade. I have been involved with youth and 4-H groups for over ten years. I love education and I love having the opportunity to help mold students into great character and citizens in our country.Educational Philosophy
Learning is a discovery that things in life are possible. Helping students to become life long learners is half the battle. Having them become the doers of what they know is how you measure that a path has been reached on their journey. Every student has the ability to learn and I believe that we should establish realistic, but yet high expectations respecting the abilities of every child. I can achieve that goal by creating a positive atmosphere that facilitates meaningful learning experiences through inquiry based learning and open discussion. I can improve on being an educator by combining research-based strategies with critical self-reflection. Collaborative partnerships with parents, colleagues, and administration will ultimately define me as a professional.

No comments:
Post a Comment